Today is National Proofreading Day! To celebrate the significance of proofreading, our editors submitted some amusing errors they’ve encountered while editing. Also, we have a link to some Chicago Manual of Style quizzes so you can test your skills.
Some Proofreading Mistakes We’ve Found
- To help you fall asleep easier, do something relaxing before bedtime, such as yoga soaking in a hot tub.
- If your newborn is whaling away . . .
- Reduce Stress and Peace of Mind
- If flushing the tank doesn’t help and the pipes are blocked with sentiment, contact a plumber.
- Your veterinarian will check the overall condition of your teeth during a routine exam.
- Reflective and lustrous, your painter can use this technique to add a unique touch to your living room.
- If you and your spouse still respect and love one another, but just can’t be together anymore, medication can be a way to have a peaceful and positive divorce.
- If the wisdom teeth are growing in crooked, this is another concern that calls for extraction. The reason is that they will likely be pushing up on the morals next to them, which can cause a shift in your smile.
- 3 Tips to Ensure You’re Burning Safely in Your Fireplace
- . . . he would check the cattle for ticks and other diseases and would make recommendations about the actions we should take with sick of lame sheep.
- Your benchtops will take more punishment than any other surface in your kitchen, be it from sharp knives, hot pants or heavy impacts, and it stands to reason that you’ll want to use the most durable benchtop materials possible.
- Even when hot plates or bowels are placed on top, they will not burn or damage.
The Chicago Manual of Style has some quizzes that will test your editing skills. Good luck!